Why a Green Renovation ??
WHY NOT !! It just makes sense.
This blog will only be updated spasmodically as we have now finished our renovation of our home in Westbury, Tasmania. Please follow us in our new venture, renovating a rental property in a sustainable way so that tenants might enjoy the same low power bills and healthy living as we do, www.greentasrenter.wordpress.com
Welcome to our GreenTas Reno, our blog that follows the renovation we are carrying out to our 1950’s weatherboard and tin roofed house in the picturesque village of Westbury, Tasmania, Australia. Here you will find information, links and pictures of our renovation as it progresses.
To see the latest updates check out THE BLURB!! in the Index or the archives. To find specific things make use of the search bar.
Use the Index in the side menu to have a look at posts on each room, the exterior, and the garden as it progresses.
Subjects like hot water systems, roofing, solar , paints and finishes, and many other things that we are including in our renovation.
Most important of all make sustainable changes to your house and the world reaps the benefit.
- Use sustainable or recycled products.
- Non toxic coatings on floors and walls
- Sensible insulation
- Solar power
- Alternative hot water systems
- Publications and websites that offer some of this information
- Introduce new technologies that help reduce waste in this wasteful world.
- Half the fun is in the challenge and hunt for these things.
- Spread the word about products that work or not in some cases.
To find out the reasons as to why we are doing what we are doing check out the “About Us” page