After sustainably renovating our 1950’s weatherboard house in the idyllic village of Westbury in Northern Tasmania the time has come to put it up for sale.
Sean and Mandy and Jade the Jack Russell are about to embark on their next sustainable adventure, owner building a hempcrete house on a smaller block not far away.
All the details and features will be listed here and clicking on the links will take you to the relevant pages in this blog connected with that feature.
For sale: offers over $390,000 aud
If you are interested in the house please use the form after the photo gallery.
· 1900 sq m block
· 170 sq m house
· 26 sq m deck
· 4 bedrooms
· Built in wardrobes in 3 bedrooms
· 1 bathroom, 2 toilets
· Large North facing studio room. Could be rumpus room, extra living, artist studio, large home office. Loads of storage, remote media screen.
· Deck with verandah and shade blinds
· 2 x 6m shipping containers (Council approved)
· Off street parking for 6 vehicles or more
· Extensive veggie garden with watering system
· Zoned Village (suitable for business use)
Sustainable Features exterior:
· 3kw solar total. Two seperate systems. 1 x 1Kw and 1 x 2Kw
· 6000L rainwater tanks plumbed to toilets, washing machine, laundry, garden taps
· 2 x 1000L water tanks gravity fed to garden
· Large established veggie gardens with raised beds and drip irrigation
· Pizza oven entertaining area
· Exterior paints all low VOC Rockcote (Australian) or Resene (New Zealand)
· Colorbond roof replaced 2009
· Deck is FutureWood composite decking.
· Studio extension footings are Mega Anchors (no concrete)
· Siddons heat pump hot water system
Sustainable Features interior:
· LPG 5 burner cook top and stove
· Wall finishes are clay paint – no off gassing or zero VOC paints
· Timber floor finishes are hard wax oiled
· Kitchen floor commercial vinyl plank floating floor
· Studio floor floating bamboo
· Studio double glazed windows and doors
· Original house windows have secondary window film treatment
· Blockout curtains and pelmets
· Aranbe super efficient wood heater
· LED lighting throughout
· Roof and walls insulated
· Water diverter (cold water in hot water pipes diverted to water tanks)
· Timber kitchen from recycled timber (natural finish)
· Walk in shower
Westbury. The Village
An idyllic English like village, population approx. 2000, centrally located in Tasmania, Australia. 30km West of Launceston, 17km East of Deloraine in the Meander Valley.
· Council area is Meander Valley
· IGA Supermarket (a new bigger one is being built)
· Post office
· Service station
· 2 x doctor surgeries
· Cafes, takeaway, pizza
· Village Green
· Local attractions
· Easy to get around
· No parking worries· Good 4g coverage, NBN, radio, TV reception · Anywhere in Tas is easily accessible.
· Airport only 25 minutes
· Ferry only 45 minutes
· Historic buildings
· Clean unpolluted air